Infringements and sanctionsIn the event of any infringement of this Law:
- play need not be stopped
- the player at fault is instructed by the referee to leave the field of play to correct his equipment
- the player leaves the field of play when the ball next ceases to be in play, unless he has already corrected his equipment
- any player required to leave the field of play to correct his equipment must not re-enter without the referee's permission
- the referee checks that the player's equipment is correct before allowing him to re-enter the field of play
- the player is only allowed to re-enter the field of play when the ball is out of play
- A player who has been required to leave the field of play because of an infringement of this Law and who re-enters the field of play without the referee's permission must be cautioned.